Monday, June 6, 2011

Hall tickets for CET being given out

Hall tickets can be collected from colleges till May 11

Veda Ramaswamy, Vashi
May 07,2011 - DNA Navi Mumbai



The process of distributing admit cards to students appearing for MHT-CET 2011 began in various junior colleges in Navi Mumbai on Friday. Colleges such as Mahatma Gandhi Mission’s Junior College (MGM) began the process on Thursday. The hall tickets were issued to the colleges by the Directorate of Medical Education and Research (DMER) on behalf of the government of Maharashtra on Tuesday. The hall tickets can be collected from the colleges till May 11, said Keshav Shinde from Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil College (KBP), Vashi.

The candidates appearing for the exam from outside Maharashtra (OMS) have to collect the tickets from the office of the Divisional Authority’s Office near Grant Medical College, Mumbai, as mentioned in Annexure-A.

In case of an error or loss of admit card, students can apply for a duplicate admit card on the basis of their receipt-cum-identity card, which was given to them by the college while submitting their application form. “In case a student misplaces his hall ticket or doesn’t receive his hall ticket on time, he can apply for a duplicate at the residence district collector’s office,” said Dr MP Bankar, the officer-on-special duty at DMER.





Around 23,500 students from Thane-Navi Mumbai region will be appearing for the Common Entrance Test scheduled on May 12, 2011, Bankar said. With less than a week left for the exam, students are now feeling the jitters.




“I was calm throughout the last few months of my preparation, but now that I have received my hall ticket, I am starting to feel the pressure,” said Rohan Nayak, an engineering aspirant from Khandeshwar. While some students are apprehensive, others are pretty confident about their preparation. “With the hall ticket in my hand, the anxiety levels have certainly increased but I am positive about my performance due to my regular studies,” said Prathamesh Kamath, a student of MGM Junior College, Nerul. Parents too are sensing the nervousness. “I am as worried as my daughter about the exam. But I am trying to be as supportive as possible,” said RD Andhale, a parent who had come to collect the hall ticket at KBP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...